16 July 2012

hurling the ball

A while back we decided to take the kids bowling.  I hadn't been to a bowling alley for years and questioned the type of alley that might be suitable for a family with young children.  I thought of old bowling alleys polluted with cigarette smoke, old carpet and people that hung around for days.  I questioned my husband's idea to take the kids but decided to keep my ideas and thoughts to myself and see what bowling with children might be like.
It turned out to be such a fun experience for everyone!  My kids were mesmerized by the balls slowly rolling down the alley to the bright white pins.  Little dances of joy ensued when a pin or two was knocked down.  
  
They only lasted for 1 game but it was a fun morning out for the family.

Only later did I find out about this fun program for kids over the summer.  If you sign up, your kids can bowl free all summer long!  We have been a few times to beat the heat on a hot summer afternoon and have not left disappointed.  

2 comments:

Sara said...

So so fun! My kids love bowling too, just gotta keep Cyrus from chasing the ball down that slippery lane!

Gabrielle said...

Auntie Gabby loves to bowl also. Maybe the big girls and I can go as an outing for all of us!