This morning she timidly said that she didn't want to wear her favorite hat because her good friend had made fun of it last week. My heart sunk because I cringe when the negative influence of others impedes on the hearts of my kids. We sat together and decided that wouldn't be a good reason not to wear the hat she loves so much from her grandmother. Instead, we discussed what she could say if others thought it was appropriate to make fun of her hat. We talked about being different and that is what makes us all wonderful and special. After a few encouraging words, she reached for her hat and the smile that beamed from her face was so bright.
As I watched her walk off with her bright red Nordic hat on, I couldn't help but be so proud of her for choosing to be herself no matter what others think or say...and that is a big task for a kindergartner.
.jpg)

1 comment:
I love that hat too!! She looks so pretty in it!
Post a Comment