I love the way a few fresh ingredients combined, can make the tastiest treat. Homemade guacamole is one of our favorite fresh foods. My kids love to help make it and be the expert "taste-testers" when we are tweaking ingredients at the end. It is super easy to make and perfect with chips, tacos or on top of chicken tortilla soup.
Here is our recipe for Homemade Guacamole:
-about 4 avacados, diced
-1/2 red onion, finely chopped
-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
-1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-handful of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
-the juice of 3 limes (give or take some depending on your taste)
-a few pinches of coarse sea salt to taste
Mix the ingredients together by hand more or less depending on the thickness and chunkiness desired.
Enjoy!



1 comment:
An old metal potato masher works the best to get the right consistency!! I can get you one at the antique store next time I go. I would love to do it!
Post a Comment