17 October 2014

Bless you!

This morning as I was madly putting together lunches and getting backpacks ready for their final day of the week, I sneezed.  Now normally, a sneeze would just go unnoticed amongst the flurry of activity that happens from 6:45-7:15am during the weekdays, but today, my sneeze was noticed.  It was noticed by the curly-headed toddler making her way to the bin of Legos in the middle of the living room.  As she was walking by the kitchen and heard my sneeze, she said, "Bless you, Momma."  I stopped in my tracks, absolutely astonished by her words.  Not only were her words new but they were meant for someone else.  I had forgotten that a toddler's words can extend beyond "I" and "me" and "mine."  I was truly touched and moved to tears by this sweet gesture.  Little moments like these are the ones I don't want to forget and need to remember when things get crazy.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

OHHHHHH how adorable is that!!! What a great memory of her you will have. Sooo very sweet!!