As I rushed around and got myself Sunday-ready in 5 minutes, I thought to myself how funny it was that all of my children were perfectly dressed. They all had ironed dresses on, brushed hair with bows, shoes that matched and faces wiped clean from breakfast. I, on the other hand, hadn't given any thought to what I would wear or the 2nd-day dirty head of hair on my head. I quickly dashed around my room and found a suitable dress, pulled my hair back and applied mascara and a bit of blush.
That morning, I felt so disheveled. I wasn't even wearing a necklace or some cute shoes. I was slightly irritated with myself for not planning ahead the night before like I always do. As I sat in the car on our Sunday morning commute, I realized that as a mother, my children are my accessories. They are the jewels that make me smile and sparkle even when no time has been devoted to myself.
I felt more beautiful that morning with very little that had been planned or put together into some great outfit. At my side and on my hip, these little ones are the jewels and sweet nuggets of happiness that even the best outfit and shoes couldn't replace!
I felt more beautiful that morning with very little that had been planned or put together into some great outfit. At my side and on my hip, these little ones are the jewels and sweet nuggets of happiness that even the best outfit and shoes couldn't replace!
.jpg)

3 comments:
And they are beautiful accessories!! And you are a great mother and always look put together!
Well said Heather! Love it!
It's just like this at our house on Sunday's too. I love your view on the best accessories a girl can ever have!
Post a Comment