31 August 2012

one

I am amazed to think it has already been a month.  Time is a funny thing with a newborn--sometimes it drags on and a day can feel like a week, and other times a day is gone in a flash.

Your wild hair is the topic of conversation most days.  It seems to define your little personality--calm and laid back with a little spunk here and there.  Little smiles at bath-time have begun to appear when your little body hits the warm water.  Sometimes, you sit and smile while examining the faucet and other times you just sleep during your nightly bath.  It is our favorite time of day...time with just you.

We are delighted to have you here with us no matter how busy it may be.

These things have been life-savers this month and I attribute them to a few good nights of sleep (knock on wood...I know it could change in a minute).
This newborn cradle/rocker was loaned to us by a friend and it is amazing!  It allows the baby to sleep propped up, it rocks and it is super cozy feeling for the baby.  It works wonders for babies with a cold  and congestion.
I love not having to worry about a filter on a humidifier.  This humidifier has helped a congested baby sleep and also makes wonderful white-noise.
These swaddle blankets stretch and breathe which makes swaddling a bigger baby so much easier than using the flannel blankets.  They keep her swaddled tight all night!
This lovely contraption helps at dinnertime when you want to be held but I need hands free to prepare our meal.  It holds you close and secure so that I can use both hands.

Overall the transition from 2 to 3 hasn't been bad.  I just feel like someone threw a third ball into my juggling act.  I am busier than I have ever been but it is a wonderfully good busy taking care of little souls.

My heart hasn't been happier!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I can't believe she is already a month old! Happy one month L! Can't wait to watch you grow up!

Gabrielle said...

I cannot believe it has been one month since we met this wonderful addition!