29 August 2012

first days


Well, we've made it halfway through the first week of school.  I think the rest of the house is more tired and worn out than the little student attending school.  Getting up before the sun to get everyone ready, lunch packed and breakfast made has us worn out {as soon as the bebe sleeps through the night, I am sure this will get easier}.

Our little student has had a super positive start to her year!  I am incredibly thankful for that.  I think that is most important for any school year--a good start makes for a great year.

On the second day, she was dropped off in the car line and bravely made her way into school.  This was big.  We had no idea what her reaction might be when she had to go alone.  Thankfully, many other children were doing the same thing so she didn't feel quite so alone.  I am grateful for her Daddy who has been dropping her off.  If I had to do it, I am sure I would sit there in tears as my little 5-year-old walked away.  His calmness and reassurance has been just what her sensitive little soul needs.

Each night, after everyone is tucked in and sound asleep, I take a deep breath and think, "whew, we made it through another day."

2 comments:

Lareina said...

I second that thought exactly:)

Gabrielle said...

Your husband is the sweetest father I know. And I am sure it will get better with time!