As we inch closer to meeting our third, I must say that my body seems ready and these big sisters are definitely ready to meet their sibling. Their excitement over this baby has prompted me to get my act together and prepare more despite my daily laziness and exhaustion with this pregnancy.
Somehow having all the "stuff" from my previous babies has somewhat squelched the busy nesting that happened with my other pregnancies. Instead, my nesting seems to be for my older children--making sure their little souls will be well taken care of when this new one arrives. Getting their old clothes cleaned out of their closets and straightening their things seems to be top priority in my mind these days. I am sure they are both ready for me to be done straightening their things. My big girl pleaded with me the other day when she politely requested that I not throw anything away from her room. Poor kid.
Even though I am not itching to set up the Pack n' Play, cradle, rocker and drag down the newborn clothing from the top of the closet, I do think we are ready for this little one. Perhaps it is a weird calm that comes from already having two...I am not sure. But I do know that we will be more than ready to hold him or her in our arms and enjoy the sweet innocence and miracle of a new life.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

3 comments:
We can't wait too!
I remember the nervousness before Taylor, and the worry about Taylor before Lizzie. Funny how our hearts lead us to relax about somethings after the first baby. Continue to enjoy those lazy days and know that your girls will appreciate those. Everything else can wait but time with them won't. We can't wait to meet(and snuggle) your new baby!
We were all ready for the appearance of the little one! And I think it is funny they asked you to stop cleaning!
Post a Comment