Somehow it was easier this time around. With our first, we had this day of the "big bed" moveover planned for weeks. Yesterday, it just seemed time for our little one to make the move to the "big bed" in her room. As with most parenting, I have found that decisions with the second child come so easily unlike the decisions with the first kid that I hemmed and hawed over for weeks.
The twin iron bed on the other side of the room was stripped of its existing bedding and new sheets were proudly picked from the selection Momma has tucked away. The butterfly sheets were washed and the bed was made with towel bolsters tucked under the fitted sheet to prevent any falls.
While naptime was reduced to 45 minutes from the usual 2 hours, I was delighted to have her in a big bed. Last night it took some time to fall asleep in a new place with new shadows of light but sleep finally came and lasted all night. With a little luck and a willing and excited new participant, I hope it will continue to be a smooth transition!


4 comments:
Yay! What an exciting night of becoming a big girl:)
So big already and seems like just yesterday she was a tiny little thing home from the hospital. I hope the transition continues to go smoothly and naps go back to their needed length.
What?! Already?! Such a big girl! I'm with you on the hemming and hawing with the first one and just going with it with the second! Keeping my fingers crossed it continues and that the naps go back to 2 hours!
YAY for being a big girl!! And what a sweet photo of her sleeping. I cannot believe how time has flown!
Post a Comment