For years, I have driven a long way for one of the best storytimes at a public library. I felt like my kids always got a lot out of the program, so I was more than happy to make the trip. The other day, we were at our local ice cream/coffee shop and happened upon a storytime there. It was wonderful and the man that does it, just loves kids, books and music. What could be better? The children come alive with him in the room. It is absolutely amazing. Needless to say, we have stopped driving and starting walking to our weekly storytimes. I am always so impressed with people who do things because they love to--especially when they positively impact the lives of others {little ones and their parents, in this case}.
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents"
-Emilie Buchwald


1 comment:
E looks like she is having so much fun! And walking is good for you!
Post a Comment