
As summer begins to dwindle, I can't help but think about packing lunches each day. In the beginning, I am revved up to concoct artful and creative packaging to entice a sometimes picky eater. As the school year progresses, I must admit that this excitement fades and the lunches seem to appear more and more identical.
BUT for now, I will revel in my excitement and attempt some artful creations inside the little lunch sack she carries each day.
Have you ever seen this fun blog? This mom makes super cute lunch displays in her son's lunch each day.
They are amazing. While I won't be making such creative food arrangements in my girl's lunch sack, I do enjoy being inspired to try new foods and mixtures of foods.
She also has a ton of great healthy recipes too.
I also really enjoy serving a variety of color each day. Even if she picks at the veggies and devours the fruit [and always the carbs], at least she will be exposed to a healthy mixture.
These are our favorite staples for snack-time during the school year. They are all healthy and a snap to pack.
These are our lunch sack staples.
Less always seems to be more when it comes to lunches. So many times, I pack a ton and she comes home with nothing eaten. It is almost as if it defeats her to even try to eat it. This year I am going to focus on mini-portions. "Mini" definitely seems to go over better in the lunch sack. Mini portions seem to entice the little hands.
While I love my girl's compact and sturdy lunch sack, I am considering a Bento box to help compartmentalize and separate the foods.
I know a friend that uses silicone cupcake liners to separate foods too.
Another friend always cuts her son's sandwich with a fun-shaped cookie cutter.
What are you packing for lunch this year? Any ideas/creations to share?














2 comments:
these are our lunches! we use the pbkids blue bento and Blue loves it!! He calls it his picnic box! I think M will love it!
I use all the silicone cups for his lunches BUT my only sad is they do NOT fit in his pbkids bento box. So I only use them at lunches at home. There are other bentos that the cups fit in though. Also there are fun shaped ones like frogs and stars that we found too.
Finally I can't say enough about the Kashi cereal bars, they are the only ones that are low in sugar (I believe 9 grahams) I don't give Blue anything more than 10 g's of sugar, and ALL the organic bars are at least 16!!!
Don't get me started on food!! Haha! Have a great school year darlings!
Wow something I never thought about!! These are so much better than the lunches I remember as a kid. Juice box, peanut butter sandwich, fruit rollup & chips. Worked for me but now we are fighting childhood obesity. And the cavities I got as a kid because of my LOVE LOVE of sugar. Thank you for being a great mom to the girls!!
Post a Comment