18 August 2011

simple summer: strawberry popsicles

A hot afternoon with a popsicle is the epitome of summer around here.

When I happened upon these super fun popsicle molds on clearance at a store recently, I knew they would be a big end-of-summer hit.  I got a box of them and tried them out the other day.  I think you could probably freeze anything in that cute strawberry shape and just about any kid would eat it.   We have used crushed strawberries with a bit of water and juice and juice to make our popsicles.  Maybe I will try spinach tomorrow--hee, hee.

Here is the recipe we used:
2 cups fresh crushed strawberries OR any other kind of berry you want
3/4 cup water
3 Tbs sugar
recipe courtesy of the Williams Sonoma popsicle box

These molds are awesome because the popsicle just comes right out of the silicone.  No standing in front of the sink holding the molds under hot water to release the frozen popiscle from the frozen plastic.  I have done that many a time and find it quite frustrating with a child pulling at the bottom of your shorts begging for their little treat.

I wanted to share this revelation in popsicle molds with my fellow mommas, just in case your kids are as crazy about popsicles as mine are.

Enjoy!

No comments: