While we had hoped for a bountiful crop like this:
we actually got something more like this:
When a plant thrives at my house, I often take note and plant the same thing, in the same pot, in the same place next year. It must be the right place, in the right light and the right container. I seem to have finally found this spot for the basil. I have never had any luck with any type of herb...ever.
With this "basil luck," we have begun to use basil on everything. I love basil and having it on my back patio is such a treat. It is a little oasis amongst the dry, scorched land that surrounds us.
A few nights ago, I made our typical breakfast-for-dinner meal with scrambled eggs. Instead of just the usual eggs on tortillas with a little salsa, I added some shredded basil. It was incredibly tasty and another way to use some of the bounty growing outside. If you are looking for a new way to spice up the old scrambled eggs, this just might suit your fancy.





2 comments:
I've replanted my basil into a pot in the hopes that one puny branch grows into a bounty like yours. I love basil! I'll have to try it in eggs- yum yum!
My pot is in full sun and I water it every morning before the sun burns it. :-)
Post a Comment