23 February 2011

Dinosaurs STINK

As we were driving home from preschool today, my big girl told me all about dinosaurs.

This is dinosaur week at school so she was super revved up to tell me all about them.  After hearing about how big they were, their teeth and where they lived, she told me that they stink.  For a moment, I thought about her comment and then I said, "they stink?"

She said, "Yes Momma, they stink."

I followed with, "I guess they might stink." {I am not really into dinosaurs and thought that maybe she didn't like them either.  Perhaps this was her way of telling me that she didn't like them?}

It was quiet for a few moments as she and I clearly weren't communicating.  We were both scratching our heads...

She said, "Momma, they eeeee-stink-tttt."

"Oh, they are extinct," I replied.

"Yes," she calmly said and then proceeded to tell me what extinct meant to further clarify our miscommunication.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hope years from now I remember these funny moments of miscommunication with our children. We have had several discussions similar to this too!

Sara said...

haha I love these little moments and conversations! Leili gets so mad if I can't understand what she's saying.