29 October 2010

All Done!

Yesterday morning we took our little babe to the hospital for ear tubes and adenoid removal.  It was the "perfect" time for her.  The night before she ran a high fever due to another ear infection (despite being on antibiotics for an ear infection).  The fever was heaven-sent.  I was so worried about having my baby operated on, given anesthesia for the first time, the IV, breathing tube, etc.  But after being up with her all night, I realized that this was the only way she would get better.

Even though I was a complete wreck at the hospital, our babe did great and we were on our way back home before noon.

I told my husband as we were waiting, this is such a big event in our lives (just like having a baby).  I was appreciative to all the doctors and nurses who recognized that, even though this type of procedure is their everyday job.

We are looking forward to a healthy year ahead. (fingers crossed)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

This is the sweetest photo of E! I am so glad to hear that everything went okay and I hope the tubes give her(and you) some relief. I hear ya on being thankful for the doctors and nurses that spent the extra years in college and long hours so that they can take care of our babies. Take care of that sweet girl and let me know if you need anything!

Lareina said...

SO glad to hear that everything went okay for your little girl. I hope everything improves for her now!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be done with the whole process and to only have healing and improvement ahead!

And by the way, when are you going to begin scheduling photo sessions on the side ;) Your pictures just get better and better!

Sara said...

I hope recovery is going well. You are both brave for going through that, even though the procedure may be routine for the doctors, it's not for you, and I'm glad to hear it went so well!

p.s. I'm with Jenn on the photography sessions!!