14 September 2010

Another first

Yesterday, we experienced another first.  This wasn't a first, first but it was a first.  My girls and I attended our local moms/babes program.  The children are taken care of while the moms visit and enjoy some type of speaker for a few hours.  Last year, the babe did NOT like going at all and cried like crazy.  Many a meeting, I was called to get her and we ended up going home early.  This early departure did not bode well with the big sister who began enjoying the time with friends in a school-like setting.
This year as we began our first day, I was filled with apprehension.  Would the babe cry again?  Should I even be doing this if we have to leave early every meeting because of my notorious babe that cries when I leave?
The babe did cry when I left her but the most loving and patient caregiver held her and comforted her until her tears ceased {the crying wailing lasted for 15 whole minutes}.  The big sister was a bit apprehensive about a new classroom and new teachers {that were not preschool related} but she did great after discovering all the fun play areas that didn't exist in her preschool classroom.

Thankfully, we all made it through the entire meeting.  This seemed like a first for the 3 of us!  Whew!


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yea for some Mommytime for you and happy babies!

Jen McD said...

So glad it went well!!! I'm proud of Lil' sis. Now we're next as tomorrow is our first day with Blue in the "care" at our group. Wish us luck!

Proud of them both!

J&C

Sara said...

Yay for the girls! Doesn't that just make you feel so good?!