10 October 2015

gone is the crib

 It was time.  We waited as long as we could but when she began to work on uncoordinated dismounts out of the crib, we decided it was definitely time to move her to the "big bed."
She was delighted beyond belief when we surprised her one evening.  The crib was dismantled, rails were carefully wedged underneath the twin-sized mattress and fresh bedding was pulled tight to create an appealing appearance on the new bed.  
She loves step up into her big bed with a little stool at the end and of course all the baby dolls are enjoying the cozy new bed as well.  Unfortunately, the sleeping has been rough since the big bed transition.  I think she gets overly excited and has a hard time settling down to sleep.  In the middle of the night she wakes screaming because of bad dreams and new shadows.  
Oh the joys of sleep.  I hope this little one can settle into her new surroundings soon so that we can all enjoy the benefits of a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I know that quilt!! :) :)