22 September 2015

her first day

Her first day of her second preschool year finally came 3 weeks after her sister's first day.
She asked and asked when she would go.  With the third, I am always amazed at how eager she is to do just what her sisters do.  She acts without hesitancy and yearns to fervently keep up.
Although her first day of school came a week later than expected, she sailed along without a hiccup on her first day.  She marched in with her reusable tote (requested instead of a backpack this year), found her cubby and her friends and seemed utterly delighted to tinker with the little toys and Play Doh at the exploration table.  As I left her, I bent down to give her a final kiss and reassurance that I would return, only to find her completely absorbed with the manipulatives on the table.  Needless to say, she was delighted to be at school again.  Even though I was a bit sad that she didn't even care to say goodbye, I was incredibly happy that she was so happy.

A wonderful year awaits!

No comments: