09 June 2015

"Yes," this summer...

After reading an article in a mothering publication about saying "yes" more, I am vowing to do the same this summer.

Often I say "no" because a "yes" would require a mess, disruption, more effort or just rock our steady boat.  Steadiness keeps me balanced and calm.  Too much disruption makes me feel like things are out of my control.

I vow to say "yes" more this summer to enjoy the precious moments with my growing children. Saying "yes" gives me a great glimpse into their little lives and personalities, a glimpse I wouldn't normally see.  

What will you be saying "yes" to this summer?

Yes to a spontaneous trip...

Yes to piƱata making...

Yes to making lots of yummy sweet treats in the kitchen...

Yes to lots of carefree swimming...

Yes to all her little experiments and creations...

Yes to lots of pretending...

Yes to long summer mornings in pjs with no agenda...

Yes to long hikes in the woods...

Yes to lots of farmers market trips...

No comments: