Before school this morning, she dashed out to the back deck to find some millipedes. For my big girl who doesn't normally play with or catch critters, I was so surprised. She came running in the back door and exclaimed, "hurry, I need at mason jar!" As I retrieved one from the pantry, I found her coaxing a millipede off the deck with her Flat Stanley book. Just before she needed to go for school, she caught one in her jar and firmly tightened the lid. It would be safe there until she arrived home from school. When I went back to move the jar outside, I noticed that she had neglected to think about air for her precious milipede. Part of me wanted to just leave it and let her discover her mistake but the mother in me quickly punched out some holes in the lid for the little guy inside. With all this rain, the little critters seem robust and everywhere.
14 May 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is smart to use the book and glad you poke holes for the poor guy!
Post a Comment