08 October 2014

the flowers

The flowers this time of year erupt with the tiniest bit of rain and cooler weather.  Well, these farmer's flowers had some extra TLC I am sure.  Nevertheless, it is a wonderful time of year to be outside and drink up nature's treasures before they fade into winter.  

There is a wonderful pumpkin patch, goat-feeding, tractor-riding, flower-picking place not to far off our beaten path that we like to visit each fall.  On this particular trip I only had #3 along.  It was her first experience in rows of lush flowers.  She looked at all the bright colored blooms with great delight and then took off running down the row as fast as she could.  Flowers whipped the sides of her head as she raced by under the warm morning sun.  By the time I caught up with her, her shoes were stuck in a puddle of mud and she was wiggling her toes in the cool earth.  A little dirt never hurt his kid.  She got away before I could get the muddy shoes on her squirmy feet.  It was pure joy for her that morning even though I was a bit of a wreck chasing after her.  Thank goodness the dirt and flowers were so kind to her fair skin.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Toes in the dirt are so nice when you are a little one!! Looks like she had FUN!!!