Today she walked across the little bridge at the park wearing her Daisy vest for the last time. Along with her troop, they became Brownies today. The little blue vest with all it's hand-sewn patches will be packed away for her to share with her kids someday. Next year we will embark upon lots of new adventures with all the girls and their mothers as Brownies. As a former Girl Scout myself, I love everything it teaches young girls. I love the good friendships and character it builds at such a formative time in their lives.
I will do my best to behonest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and torespect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and torespect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
+(2).jpg)

1 comment:
How exciting!
Post a Comment