We recently ran across this old school desk. It was a delight to find and something that I thought might be nice to have in the kitchen. Ever since it made it's arrival in our home, my girls play school religiously every afternoon when it is too hot to play outside. The addition of a school desk has made their imaginary classroom much more fun and our long summer afternoons much more peaceful. It's funny how one thing can change the household dynamic so dramatically.
It has also become her little perch while I am making dinner.
I love finding old things and making them "new" in our home. This desk might be fun to repaint when it cools down a bit this fall. I am thinking a minty green or coral color. It might make a fun "pop" in the kitchen and give the old desk an updated look.
Who knows...we'll see. I have wanted to do things like this before and it typically takes me a year or two to decide on a color and find enough uninterrupted time to complete the project! Ha!
.jpg)

1 comment:
I cannot wait for the outcome. It takes me a long time to decide on a color also.
Post a Comment