30 May 2013

ten

This month you were determined to figure out just how to make your arms and legs work together to crawl across the floor.  About a week ago, you were able to crawl across the room without resorting to the good ol' army crawl.  You now proudly crawl about the floor in search of new things to get into.
You also began pulling up on couches, chairs and tables this month.  At first you would only pull up to your knees but just yesterday, I witnessed you pulling up to your feet and standing.  The sheer joy on your face when you made up from kneeling to standing by yourself, made my full-time job as your mother so rewarding.  We were both filled with such great happiness as you reached your goal and squealed with delight.
The teeth have come with full force this month.  3 new teeth came in together to join the lone bottom tooth from last month.  Your little smile looks so different with 2 big front teeth on top and 2 little teeth on bottom.  You are evolving from baby to toddler daily.  While I love all your little changes, I can't help but lament over the fact that my baby is getting bigger.  I find myself holding on to these baby days tighter than I ever did.

You were sick for the first time.  It was a horrible case of Hand, Foot and Mouth.  Your poor little mouth swelled up and sores covered the inside, making it very hard to eat, sleep or drink.  It took hours to get you to sleep and you often woke in agony from the sores.  It was a rough 5 days but you finally got better and we were so happy to see you happy again.
You continue to watch your sisters very carefully.  I even caught you playing school with them and the neighbor girl the other day.  Your sisters love you so much and are so eager to play with you now.  This is a fun stage for Momma to see.
What fun we are having with you little red.  Your crazy hair, distinct personality, sweet cuddles and determination are amazing to see each day.  We love you!

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

10 Months little L!!! You are growing into a toddler!! And into your hair!! Love you!!