21 September 2012

swinging into fall

"Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."  ~George Eliot
It's here!
 Autumn, with it's beautiful breezes and warm colors, is finally here.
She can't wait to return to the park without the hot sun scorching the rubber seats of the swing.
She looks forward to some long-awaited rides in the stroller.
She wants to wear a jacket to school.
They want to travel north to pick apples at Aunt Winnie's {maybe next year}.
They want to visit the pumpkin patch in the front lawn of a beautiful old church.
Little costume ideas have found their way into our conversations these days too.

And I can't wait to watch it all unfold before their little eyes!
{and bake some pumpkin muffins too}

What are you awaiting this season?

2 comments:

Stephanie Campbell said...

I want to eat anything pumpkin right now! We need to get Baker together with Emma, he's been talking about her non-stop. He even made her cookies the other day!

Gabrielle said...

I cannot wait for cool walks in the evening with my dogs. I look forward to the season changing and getting ready for Christmas holiday!