06 September 2012

changes


Change has swirled through the air at our house the past month. {The birth of a baby has had a lot to do with it.}  Change has crept into every little corner of my organized and normally calm self and shuffled everything into a tangled mess.  New schedules, unexpected behavior issues, new sleep routine, new schools, new expectations and a new balance of 3 has me feeling all goofed up.

I keep telling myself that the best thing about change is, once you are used to it, everything goes back to calm and organized.  It is just those few weeks or months of chaos that I dread with any sort of change.

I was the kid that cried on every first day of school (even as a teacher) because I disliked not knowing what to expect.  Change gets me nervous and anxious in every kind of way.  My brain feels foggy and unable to think clear.  Settle, settle, settle...I keep waiting for the dust to settle so I can get back into a "normal" and organized routine once again.  I guess it is the feeling of not being in control that I dislike most.

So, for those of you that dread change as much as I do, my thoughts are with you as we embark upon a new school year filled with lots of changes for not only us but for our children too!  Life does change, it is inevitable...or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

5 comments:

Lareina said...

Change is so tough! However, knowing that it's not for forever always gets me though:)Peace and order will soon be restored:)

Nancy said...

Take heart, dear one! Yes, change is inevitable, and yes, things do calm down once the new routine is mastered. Just keep going each day until it feels more "normal!" I don't have to remind you to relish each day with your little ones - you already do that. I need you to relish each day of YOU! You are an awesome, talented, very loved young woman. Keep that in your heart each day.

MySanSouci said...

Thank you both so much for your words of wisdom!

Anonymous said...

Uggh, life changes are so hard. Know you are in great company working through the unknown.

Gabrielle said...

Change is hard and yes once you are the swing of things, it will get better.