Early one morning she came running down the hall screaming something about her teeth. I had immediate flashbacks to the day she practically knocked her front two teeth out and worried that we might have another dental emergency on our hands.
After bounding up onto my bed, she excitedly showed me two teeth in her mouth that she was sure were loose. I was in awe of her endless excitement over the smallest wiggle in her mouth and quietly reminisced about loosing teeth as a child--worry about how the tooth would finally come out, excitement over the tooth fairy and the silver quarters she delivered under my pillow at night and the uncertainty of a big gap in my mouth.
"The tooth fairy is like a princess that flies and has magic."
Since that day she has explained the tooth fairy to her sister numerous times. I know she takes such delight in getting to experience the fairy long before her sister will.
I haven't heard much in the past few days about the loose teeth and don't really know if they are even loose. I guess it doesn't really matter. Watching her excitement that morning was wonderfully charming.
+copy+(Large).jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment