I love homemade gifts, especially from children. I think it is also super fun for kids to get involved in gift-giving in their own special way. And frankly, I quickly run out of ideas of what to buy the dad that seems to have everything and need nothing.
I recently ran across this fun Father's Day idea and thought it would make the perfect homemade Father's Day gift for a few good dads we know. What dad doesn't love to BBQ? A homemade rub to season meat, ribs, steaks, chicken and more seems like the perfect gift for the grill-loving dad.
Simply combine all of the ingredients below and package in air-tight mason jars. Your kids can make their own labels or you can download these fun ones from Design Mom.
Spicy BBQ Rub
2 tablespoons chilli powder
2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoky paprika
1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
— recipe via taste.com.au
I love this idea because it is simple for kids and will be well-used and appreciated by the dads we know.
Do you have any fun homemade ideas for Father's Day?
Happy Father's Day Weekend!



1 comment:
I gave my father in law beef jerky. A consumable gift is our motto!!
Post a Comment