30 May 2012

sick, sick, sick...


I am convinced that summertime colds are the worst.  Maybe they are no worse than wintertime colds but it sure feels like they are.  Perhaps it is because suffering from fever, chills, runny noses and sore throats somehow seems unnatural in the summer and somewhat expected in the winter.  Nevertheless, we are sick of being sick.  Choosing to be home everyday is one thing but being confined to the house for over a week with coughs and drippy noses is something very different.  The few trips out to the doctor have excited me beyond belief. It's sad to say, I know.  There is something very liberating about the Starbucks drive-thru when it is the only way out of the house.  Hallelujah!
I do hope everyone gets well and stays well because this Momma is sick of being sick!

2 comments:

Sara said...

awww bummer! I know what you mean about being sick in the summer, it just seems so wrong! Hope everyone is healthy soon!

Gabrielle said...

Poor kiddos!! Hope they are better!