01 March 2012

Something Green: Baked Kale Chips

I love chips!  I could eat a bag in one sitting easily.  The crunch and salt are something I crave even more than sweets.  

I recently found a recipe for baked kale chips.  I decided to give them a try and to my surprise, they are wonderful!  This is definitely a snack I will be making for a long time.  The kids even ate them too!  

Give them a try.  I know you will like them!

Baked Kale Chips

Ingredients

  • 1 bunch kale
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt 

Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
  3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

YUM that sounds good!!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, when I first read this I thought, "I will never try this." But today, we went to the farmer's market for the first time and our goal was to find something green (for St. Pat's). G picked kale and I immediately thought of this recipe. We made the chips together tonight, and we all liked them! Even me! Thanks for the yummy idea.