22 February 2012

somewhere new

I love going somewhere new.  Such excitement awaits in these unexplored places.  The unfamiliarity around each bend peeks my curiosity.  What little pots of gold will we discover today?
Watching my children share in this excitement is such a treat.  Discovering tastes, sounds and sights that they never knew existed is delightful for a parent to watch.
I love to watch the light illuminate something so ordinary and make everything so beautiful.
I am amazed at how clear water can actually naturally be.
I love the way the sailboats sit silent and still in the harbor.
While travelling with children isn't really relaxing, it is wonderful to spend time together away from the distractions of home.
I love to stand back and watch -- watch the beauty of the people and their homes.
I am amazed at how the earth can entertain a toddler for many hours.
It is humbling to see how different we live but how similar we are.
But merely having the time to sit and watch your preschooler pretend is priceless.
And these happy faces never cease to make me smile!

2 comments:

Lareina said...

How fun and relaxing! I could use a little beach lounging myself:)

Gabrielle said...

Oh man how I wish I was with you guys at the beach. It looks like you had lots of fun!!