25 January 2012

sweet dolls

For Christmas, I wanted to make something special for my kids.  I really wanted to make something with my hands {like I had imagined the elves do when I was young}, something that maybe my kids would cherish for years.  I found this pattern online and decided to give it a whirl.  I thought the finished product had that perfect balance of imperfect, sweet and whimsical.
The pattern was very straight forward for a novice and although it took me a few days to make them, they were fairly simple to make.
They seem to be just the right size for little arms and were incredibly fun to dress and make jewelry for.
I hope they will be used and loved and maybe, just maybe, cherished for many years.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful! I am sure they will be treasured forever by your sweet girls.

Sara said...

What a precious gift! They turned out really nice!

Wendy said...

So sweet! You did a great job making these and how cute are the outfits!

Gabrielle said...

Great job mom!! I think they will be cherished!!