03 November 2011

years later...

Years later, we peek in to the empty limestone building with our curious children close by.  I only remember the way it was on that marvelous evening in November.  Lights were strung, the accordion and violin played familiar Italian tunes into the evening, friends and family stood by us, cakes of ladyfingers and cranberries waited by the window to be cut, rustic chandeliers and candles glowed against the simple stone walls and the warm honey-colored rays of the setting sun welcomed us as newly weds.

Now, years later, our lives are so vastly different from that day.  Our priorities have changed by the little ones that now grace our lives.  Yet, that familiar feeling of friendship, closeness and enchantment still remains and links us together no matter how much things change.

So happy we remain. 
Cheers to these sweet years together!

5 comments:

Jen McD said...

I know where this is!! Congratulations have a great month!

Gabrielle said...

Oh!!! I so remember that sweet day!! What a great photo & memory that I get to share with you!

Wendy said...

What a great idea and fun way to incorporate the past, present, and future!

Abby said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sara said...

What a super sweet post! You have a way with words! Happy happy anniversary!