When the weather turned cooler, I thought it might be fun to stamp some apples with my little one.
{yes, those are my scissors jabbed into the apple...it was an attempt to make the stamping a bit easier}
I had grand ideas to create some apple print goodies with her stamps, or so I thought...
She had other plans...
She thought it might be fun to eat the apples with paint on them, smear paint on herself faster than I could blink, take paint and smear it on every surface she could find, snatch the bottle of paint and open the top with her teeth {not sure where she found out how to do this?} and pour paint all over the painted and eaten apples, and finally, she wanted nothing to do with cleaning the paint off. If she had it her way, she would have slept with the dry crackled paint all over her skin. I am sure you all are thinking, where was Momma during all this commotion? As I was cleaning up one mess, she was making another--it was a vicious cycle that didn't end until everything was put away.
I am not so sure we are ready for any more painting projects for a while. Whew!
I think this little one is in the paint exploration phase of life, not the "paint something and make a nice product" phase. I will remember this the next time I decide to whip out the paints and make cute apple print goodies!




2 comments:
Wouldn't it be funny if she becomes one of those famous painters who smears paint around on a canvas and it's a masterpiece that sells for a million dollars...lol!
Wow she is a little squirt!
Post a Comment