07 September 2011

there she goes

Off she went this morning.  It was the second of first days.

She trotted away confidently in the shoes and socks she picked...
She ate a special breakfast today because I insisted that she needed the energy for her big day.
She spoke of an upset tummy as we pulled in the parking lot at school.
We talked about tummies that get excited when we do something new--tummies that feel better when our minds begin to have fun.

As we walked in and I felt the brush of her little hand on the bottom of my shorts followed by the tight grasp of my hand, I knew that anxiousness and nervousness were definitely present.

After we put things away and I spoke to her teacher, she begun to play.  And I walked away.

Saddened by the fact that I didn't really properly say "goodbye," I left knowing that if I did, I might risk tears from her and/or me.  

When we picked her up she was all smiles and dancing to a new tune she learned in school.
Hooray for wonderful first days!

2 comments:

Lareina said...

Look at that smile! May that innocent excitement last forever:)

Gabrielle said...

How adorable M is!