Being outdoors and enjoying the yard is best at this time of year. I recently ran across a website that suggested some fun summertime games and that got me thinking about some favorite summer lawn games that I need to introduce to the kids some evening.
Ahh, croquet. Is there anything more classic that this fun game. I love it because you don't need to be any kind of an expert or athlete to play. I think kids would like it too because of the large mallets and balls.
Bocce Ball is a family favorite. The balls are probably a bit heavy and slightly dangerous for a little one to be hurling across the yard but with some supervision, this is a great family game.
I ran across a little plastic horseshoe set a few years back a Target. It was perfect for teaching the game to my little one without the weight of a real set.
Frisbee golf is traditionally played on a course but in the yard you could designate a tree or a fence post as the goal and play to your heart's content.
What are your favorite lawn games? Here's to enjoying some breezy summer evenings out on the lawn!





No comments:
Post a Comment