06 June 2011

by the water

There is just something about the water that calms us all and especially sets little souls free.  

No toys accompanied a last minute trip to the water recently.  As we walked the shoreline, I begun to worry that my girls wouldn't really let loose and dig with their hands or splash with their feet.  I thought our unplanned trip would end prematurely because I hadn't taken the time to bring EVERYTHING we could possibly need from home.  We literally threw towels and water bottles into a bag and headed out to the much anticipated water.   

To my utter delight their hands got dirty,
 their shoes came off {and became floating experiments},

 they splashed,
 they got in the water

 and they did not want to leave.
I am encouraged that we might have found a new pleasing pastime for everyone this summer.    

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

They are sooo precious!!