Today is my girl's last day of her first year of preschool. I can't believe it went by so quick. It is sort of bittersweet to see this first experience with school come to an end. It marks change. Change that otherwise goes unnoticed when we get busy with the day-to-day duties of motherhood. My girl is growing up and facing that sometimes tugs at a Momma's heart. Her little neck has lengthened, her legs are longer, her face is missing the pudginess of babyhood, she is more poised and she just looks older. How did all that happen in less than a year? I have gotten that familiar feeling welling up in the back of my throat this week, you know, that feeling that makes it hard to swallow...the feeling just before the tears. I am hopeful I can push that aside today and just celebrate.
She has grown and changed so much with the loving guidance of her 2 fabulous teachers. They always seemed to know just what she needed: a little push to try something new, the safety of playing by the teacher on the playground, gentle reminders when an overactive imagination takes over, art...lots of art, a smile each morning when she was hesitant to come in the door, freedom to play and learn and warm hugs, just because.
We will miss them so much. Their loving arms have carried this girl through a year of many firsts.
She has grown and changed so much with the loving guidance of her 2 fabulous teachers. They always seemed to know just what she needed: a little push to try something new, the safety of playing by the teacher on the playground, gentle reminders when an overactive imagination takes over, art...lots of art, a smile each morning when she was hesitant to come in the door, freedom to play and learn and warm hugs, just because.
We will miss them so much. Their loving arms have carried this girl through a year of many firsts.
She learned from so many great experiences and meaningful play, rather than worksheets,
which I am so grateful for.
She learned to love school this year. That is the most wonderful gift any parent could ask for.
I am so appreciative of those who strive to create a nurturing and positive environment for all children--
I know it builds confident and happy people.
Thank you everyone for the best first year!




4 comments:
Congrats to you and M! What a milestone! It seems like only yesterday that I got to hold a tiny month old M while we ate yellow lunch. She's come so very far...
Thanks, C! Doesn't it seem like yesterday? The time sure does fly with these little ones..
Just think kindergarten is just around the corner...it goes so fast! I'm glad M loves her preschool!
Wow when you look how much she has grown when standing in front of the door! It does seem like yesterday I was hold her as an infant! Time sure has gone by quickly!
Post a Comment