30 March 2011

Monthly Organization: Project "Wrapping Paper Rolls Unconventional Storage"




































Yesterday when I was out, I saw this wonderful pot at a store.  The robin egg's blue color is one of my favorite colors and the sweet designs made it jump out at me.  So...I sat in the store for a while and decided just what I could do with this fun pot.  It didn't have a hole in the bottom, so I knew planting in it wasn't an option.

The day before I was sorting through some of my wrapping paper mess rolls.  I had them stored in a tall wrapping paper storage container with a lid.  The only problem was that the lid crushed the rolls when it wasn't put on carefully.  It was also very narrow and didn't hold much and it had yellowed over the years.


I finally purchased the blue pot and decided to use it for my wrapping paper rolls.  When I got it home, I was concerned that the rolls might be too tall for the pot.  Thankfully, the pot is heavy enough to support the tall rolls.  There was even room for some ribbon spools, scissors and tape.

I plan to keep this pot tucked away in the closet but it will be nice to have something nice to look at when I do need to keep it out when wrapping gifts.
It is so much fun to find new ways to use things...especially things you love.

Enjoy finding some new ways to use the things you love.

No comments: