My daughter came home from school today saying this familiar phrase: "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." I had heard these words muttered many times by teachers when kids complain. The only problem was that she was getting some of the words mixed up. By the time she said it to my husband that evening, it came out as, "You get what you get and don't throw sh#$."
Yikes!
My husband was horrified and asked my daughter where she heard such horrible words. She promptly talked all about a teacher at preschool.
Later that evening my husband confronted me about our choice in preschools citing the little phrase our daughter had learned from a teacher there. I laughed and explained that she got the words mixed up. My husband was relieved when he heard me state the phrase correctly.
I love the sweet and innocent words that come out of the mouths of preschoolers!!
10 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hilarious!!! I used this phrase all the time in school! I was "that" teacher!
Adorable story! Glad she loves school!!
Too funny! I love what comes out of their little mouths and their versions of sayings. This is definitely a story that will be told when she gets older and can enjoy the humor.
Too FUNNY! I had a little girl in my class come up to me and say so innocently, "is sh-- a bad word"? She had actually never heard it before-thankgoodness! I acted like I didn't hear her correctly the first time and she proceeded to sound it out for me-WOW! Love the innocence at any age!
Post a Comment