02 November 2010

Too much candy



We have:
sorted candy
counted candy
found letters on the candy packaging
divided the candy into groups according to color
grouped the candy by size
Now she wants to eat it.


Not just one piece...
she wants it all!

Have you successfully dealt with the influx of candy after Halloween?
Does your kid want to eat it all?  I know I did when I was young but I just can't fathom my girl eating all of it!

One mom I talked to said that she just lets her kids eat whatever they want, whenever they want for about 2 days.  After that they are so sick of it, they don't want anymore.

Anther mom lets her daughter trade in candy for toys.

What do you do?

2 comments:

Sara said...

We let Leili have one piece that night and then I put some in a bag and put it away. The next day she remembered and I gave her another piece and since then she's forgotten about it! I need a plan for next year though because I don't think that's going to happen again!

Wendy said...

We let Taylor pick out three pieces of candy and then she left the rest for the Halloween Fairy to take to little boys and girls that weren't able o trick or treat. Then the Fairy leaves a treat like books or a new movie.