As a child I remember looking forward to eating fried okra at a local cafeteria restaurant we visited semi-frequently. I have never had okra any other way.
On my quest to try different vegetables this season, I have decided to try okra.
I have throughly enjoyed roasting/baking veggies in the oven lately. So, with a little experimentation, I have found a new way to enjoy okra.
Baked Okra:
1 pound fresh okra (sliced) or frozen
2 tbl olive oil
kosher salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Place okra in a pan or baking dish.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and coat with olive oil. Bake in oven until okra is tender. (I used frozen okra and it took about 30 minutes)
Serve warm.
The okra is so buttery and tasty. It is a great side dish with any meal. Maybe, just maybe the kids will eat it!


1 comment:
What a yummy way for me to use all our home-grown okra in the freezer! I was trying to think of another way to cook it other than fried or stewed.
Post a Comment