29 June 2010
Friends...
A friend truly appreciates you for you...just you.
A friend loves your kids as much as she loves her own.
A friend loves your kids like her own.
A friend doesn't judge you as you make your way out of a restaurant with a screaming child.
A friend grabs your baby as you make your way out of a restaurant with the screaming child.
A friend helps out when she sees that both of your arms are full of baby paraphernalia, a baby, purse and other items.
A friend understands your strange quirks and oddities.
A friend brings dinner over after you have a baby.
A friend brings their toddler over to play with your toddler after the new baby is born.
A friend allows your baby to gnaw on her water bottle when she sees you've run out of "tricks" to keep the baby entertained.
A friend is happy to meet for a play-date on a whim when you are exhausted trying to entertain your kids alone.
A friend is happy to plan a play-date around your baby's nap schedule.
A friend is happy to lend advice at just the right time.
A friend loves to chat on the phone for over an hour even though we both know that there are important things we should be doing instead.
A friend understands when it takes weeks to return a call or email and never holds it against you.
Friends, you know who you are, thank you for being my dear friends! I don't think I could get through some days without you. You always seem to be there when I need you. You are near and dear to my heart.
For everything,
THANK YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love the old addage: It takes a village to raise a family. It's so true and I'm glad that we have you as one of our dearest friends.
That brought tears to my eyes! You are so talented with your writing! We love you girls!
I am so glad that our babies have brought us together as friends and I look forward to watching them all grow up together.
Post a Comment