I am a stacker and a dumper. I stack papers and dump things into drawers. I am a very neat stacker and dumper but just not an organized one.
A few months ago at a mother's meeting I attend, a professional organizer came and spoke with us. She highly believes in these little "command centers" for moms. We all have a place where we dump and stack...mine is in the kitchen. It's the place I first come to when I arrive home with "stuff." I have a little metal basket that I dump things into daily. This sad little basket gets so overwhelmed with "stuff" that I often don't know what the contents are.
So, this month I thought I'd make my own little "Mom's Center." I used the ideas of the professional organizer and tailored it to fit my needs. I used a desktop file to make files for all the papers I usually "dump." I went to this lovely store to get the file and folders. I made files for the following areas:
Shopping List
Menu
Coupons
Preschool
Kid Activites
Home Projects
Babysitter
Pet Sitter
You can make whatever files you need. These are just some of the files I created. I am sure I will create more as I use the "center" more often and find out what my specific need are.
I also found a little matching box of sorts that sticks to the file box with magnets. It is perfect for the keys, pens and notes.
Because the file box is metal, I can also use these hefty magnets to attach little notes or photos.
The trick with the "Mom's Center" is to go through the files weekly. We'll see if I can commit to that....
At least the overall look is much more organized than the old dump basket!
12 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
I love organizing and your project posts! This mommy center is wonderful (and stylish too).
Post a Comment